Wednesday, August 17, 2011

UNEXPECTED #1 by Trevor Alixopulos


Trevor Alixopulos draws comics and illustrations. he has two graphic novels published by Sparkplug Comic Books, Mine Tonight and The Hot Breath of War. The latter was nominated for an Ignatz award for Outstanding Graphic Novel.

Trevor says of this piece: I chose "UNEXPECTED" because I enjoy that old comic, with its hosts Mildred, Mordred and Cynthia. I've also always been amused by the very low-stakes, prosaic title. I like to imagine a new series based on fairly mundane events in their lives. You can see more of my work at www.hautejunk.blogspot.com

14 comments:

  1. While I'm not a big fan of anthology series, I admit I'd be interested in a comedy series about the Witches Three and the mundanely "unexpected" happenings in their lives. Like the Bewitched of the DCU.

    Would read? I think so, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much, utterly one of my favorites of the series (But I love you all equally!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! So good- this could definitely work as a series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weren't they the hosts of "The Witching Hour"? I think "Unexpected" had no host.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kudos guys, this is such a fun project! The copies of Unexpected I have were hosted by the witches, I don't know how long their hosting run lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, they were the hosts of "The Witching Hour". "Unexpected" was hosted by a bloke named Destiny, who wore robes and carried the Book of Destiny containing all the stories that apeared in the comic.

    Still, nice to see them again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. D00DZ DON'T MAKE ME POST SCANNZZ CUZ U KNOW I'LL DO IT!!!

    ...haha anyways I think we can all agree that the witches probably had a domestic life that DC could explore a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (I'd also like to say that I think the cat looks cool when you "click to expand")

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I may be of assistance: "House of Secrets" and "The Witching Hour" were merged with "Unexpected" starting with issue #189. The Witches Three and Abel took turns hosting their respective sections of the anthology, so the Witches did indeed appear in Unexpected (alternating with Doorway to Nightmare), until #209.

    COMIC FACTIN' IT UP IN HERE

    ReplyDelete