Friday, August 26, 2011

THE DEMON #1 by Adam Watson




Adam Watson is a Seattle-based cartoonist, illustrator, and amateur entomologist. He's a founding member of the Bureau of Drawers (link) and is currently hard at work on some very exciting projects debuting later this year. You can find more of his work at his blog:themightyadam.blogspot.com

Adam says: I can't say I've ever read much of "the Demon," but I suppose there's something very appealing about the Jeckyl/Hyde nature of the Demon Etrigan and Jason Blood, Knight of the Round Table. As I started to sketch the Demon (and his supporting characters) in my sketchbook, stories started to unfold in my head. Those scraps of stories informed the cover here, but really I picked him because he's just really fun to draw.


The Demon was created by Jack Kirby. Read more...

3 comments:

  1. As good a reason for the choice as any, Adam! I'm a Demon fan, and playing up the more fantastical aspects of the character (is that a Hobbit pipe?) is a worthy idea.

    Would read? I'm a fan, so yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the snow is melting around him and he has a pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look and visual of this one :D

    ReplyDelete