Monday, August 15, 2011

THE CRYONIC MAN #1 by T.J.Kirsch


T.J. Kirsch lives in upstate New York, and has drawn comics for Archie, Oni Press, Top Shelf 2.0, and is the co-creator of She Died In Terrebonne: A Sam Kimimura Mystery with writer Kevin Church. He is currently working on a graphic novel for Oni Press. See more of T.J.s work at his website or contact him via email.
T.J. says: "I intended on choosing a relatively obscure DC character for this project, but I think I may have found one of the MOST obscure characters available - I could only find him in one issue of Batman and The Outsiders from the eighties! I was drawn to his romantic-but-disturbing use of Cryogenic technology and how that shaped his intriguing backstory."

The Cryonic Man was created by Mike W.Barr and Jim Aparo. Read more...

8 comments:

  1. Apparently, DC used him again in Justice League Adventures #12 in 2002. Of course those stories aren't "canon" (whatever), but I thought it was interesting. Here's a link:

    http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-adventures-cold-war/37-116281/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's Cryonic Man's story? I'm curious. You've got me wanting to open this book up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool....
    He should've grow a Walt Disney style moustache

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a huge Batman and the Outsiders fan in the '80s, so I love this SO GODDAMN MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius! I need to know more now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I write over-critical analyses of his two Batman & the Outsiders issues (#6 and 7) on my blog pretty recently. It's not pretty. But a reboot could go a long way making him into a proper anti-hero in the Mr. Freeze mold!

    Would read? Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This!

    I recognised him straight away. I had this issue of Batman and the Outsiders. Wow. Talk about blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete