Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BIG BARDA #1 by Sean Esty



Sean Esty is a Canadian cartoonist, he lives with his loving wife in Vancouver, B.C. His site is located at skullcano-island.blogspot.com/


Sean says: Some of my all-time favorite comic book covers are on the B.P.R.D. 1946 series; this is an homage to #4. As kind of a nod to that inspiration, I've used the old DC logo from the 40's. In the background I've added a parademon from the old Super Powers cartoon (or my take on one), I always liked them more than their comic book counterparts.


Big Barda was created by Jack Kirby. Read more...

11 comments:

  1. This is a beautifully done cover. A nice homage to both. Your Barda drawing is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love anything Sean does. Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barda is Big allright!:)
    Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAKE THIS A COMIC PLEASE!!! Barda rocks! BPRD rocks! This cover rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome fusion of styles. Barda certainly is big! I'd like to see Crumb do a Barda book. She seems like his kinda woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most fantastic DC cover I've seen in years. Excellent homage, version of Barda and just overall execution. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant colouring, Sean! Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Barda and I want more Fourth World in my DC Comics. Really, she's overdue for a spotlight series.

    Would read? Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one's beautiful!
    If only... -sigh-

    ReplyDelete