Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's over ... or is it?


That wraps up DC FIFTY-TOO, a huge thanks to everyone who participated and everyone who spread the word and left comments - it's terrifically appreciated. I hope everyone's had as much fun with it as I had, this was a blast. (I also hope DC sees some of these mock covers and realizes what kind of talent is sitting here just aching to work on some of their less-attended-to properties).

So, is this end of DC FIFTY-TOO? Well, yes ... of the first round. What's a month of solicitations without a second month of solicitations?  Stay tuned come Monday for some second issues, awesome variant covers, and some all-new number ones from folks who weren't in on the first 52.

In the interim, looking at all 52 covers delivered so far, here's what impresses me the most: All of these fabricated titles look like so much fun to read. There is not a single title here which looks like a slog, or like it takes itself too seriously, it all looks so eminently accessible and enjoyable and there's not a one I wouldn't read if it were real (and a few I'll regret to my dying day aren't real titles). I enjoyed the heck out of this project so far, I hope you all did too, and here's looking forward to the next round!

-Jon Morris

17 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jon, for coming up with this fun and interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It goes ON???

    Well, I don't know what more we could ask. It's been awesome and will continue to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jon. I had a blast and enjoyed seeing such creative works by all involved.

    --B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the invitation, Jon; this was great fun. Congratulations to my comrades on their fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invite to be a part of this fine romp! Well done everybody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job organizing this shindig. This was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The covers look really impressive all together like that. It's been just amazing so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge thanks for showing us how fun and awesome DC could be if the people in charge had a more open mind. This blog is amazing, but it's also a little bit depressing. Especially after having read the steaming pile of burning caca that was Justice League #1.

    At least we can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting me join in your reindeer games, Jon!

    --Steve

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to have you all on board, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You cats made me want to visit a comic shop for the first time in years. Thank you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read some of these. Get on it, DC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How about a poll so we can pick our favorites and lobby DC to make them a reality (if they don't contradict things they have planned)?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. damn, at least a half dozen books here I would buy on a monthly basis. As opposed to the um.. zero.. of the real nuDCU I'm planning to get.

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://taraquino.deviantart.com/art/Titans-Internacional-257042123

    Hey, Jon. Awesome idea. I wonder if I could join you?

    ReplyDelete