Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SHE-HULK #1 by Paul Salvi



Paul says: When I was an impressionable youngster my dad somehow acquired a few boxes of comics that included just about everything John Byrne had done up to that point, including his hilarious/brilliant/sexy run on She-Hulk.  Since then, "Shulkie" has been one of my favorite Marvel characters.


Initially the plan here was to have her fighting actual real-world terrorists, but in the end I decided to go lighter, hence the staggeringly awesome original creations you see here.  I call them the F.U.N. Squad (Fundamentalist Underground Network) and they are super cool and terrifying!

9 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the muted colors contrasted with the bright purple highlights. That's also a solid drawing with great action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Paul. Solid composition and character design (Those F.U.N. agents look even more dangerous than the guys from A.I.M.)! I really like the old-school dot pattern colors, too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I started officially collecting comics with SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #7 and loved every minute of the series. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the concept and that cover is kick ass. Paul, I love the way you draw women and I bet you would draw the hell out of a She-Hulk comic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get enogh She-Hulk. Nice one, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good! You do a damn fine She-Hulk, Paul.
    Uh, please draw this comic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From your mouth to Marvel's ears, Kat. Yer the bestest! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job -- I also loved the Byrne Shulkie run.
    BTW -- I think Gerber already did the F.U.N. thing, but called them S.O.O.F.I.

    ReplyDelete