Friday, October 21, 2011

HELLCAT #1 by Adam Watson




Adam Watson is a Seattle-based cartoonist, illustrator, and amateur entomologist. He's a founding member of the Bureau of Drawers (link) and is hard at work on comics, paintings, and also probably a thing with dinosaurs in it. You can find more of his work at his blog: themightyadam.blogspot.com

He sez: Hellcat has always been a favorite of mine, and it's mostly because of the blue-on-yellow costume. I also love the (current, I think?) version of her powers that allow her to sense magic, but not actually perform any.  As I sketched this out, I became kind of enamored of the idea of Patsy in space, fighting magical creatures with advanced technology. I had some fun making it a little more spacey, and tried something new with the gloves. The Gatchaman-type cat-helmet just sort of seemed to fit.

4 comments:

  1. Damn...love this one so much...I wish I'd thought if it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job on this Adam. Made me more interested in this character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I love the character and think yours is a fresh and exciting take on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Adam, was there an intentional nod to the Man-Wolf story she crossed into once upon a time? Seems a perfect fit! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete