Monday, October 3, 2011

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST #1 by Mike Norton



Mike says: I like the character of Wonder Man a lot. I really dug the hollywood stuntman era from when I was growing up in the 80's. I also like the Crosby and Hope type pairing that Marvel would do with him and Beast every so often. Why were they buddies? I don't know, but it was cool. I was talking over an idea with Tim Seeley at one point about a new Wonder Man/ Beast team up, but "BLOCKBUSTER SALES HIT" just wasn't written all over it. Besides Wonder Man is a bad guy now and Beast is a kitty cat, right? Here's a look at what could have been. Colors by Allen Passalaqua and lettering by Crank!


10 comments:

  1. Awesome, great idea, loving the new direction of the site too, 'What If's...?' were always my favorite growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would read the hell out of this, both as a big Norton fan and a big Beast fan. This is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can I not add this to my pull list!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this whole idea! Simon and Hank were great characters back then and would make a fun "odd couple".

    Would read? Judging by the cover, this is definitely a book I would get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buddy comedy is a sorely underused sub-genre of superhero comics

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just tremendous! Marvel should do it as a From the (Pretend) Marvel Vault special

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect title! I would be all over this. Great job, Mike.

    ReplyDelete