Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WONDER GIRL #1 by Lee Leslie


"WONDER GIRL #1
Story and Art by LEE LESLIE
24 pg (FC)  ONGOING

ALL AGES

It's just another day at the Royal Palace of Themyscira for Princess Diana until a fire-breathing dragon interrupts her afternoon study session!  Can she save her friends, teacher, and (most importantly) her homework?  And how is she going to explain this mess to her overprotective mother?  And who ever said being a Princess was easy?!"

Lee Leslie (http://LeeLeslieComics.com) is the artist of SCREAMLAND from Image Comics and the creator of RiGBY (http://RigbyTheBarbarian.com).  He lives just outside Kansas City with his wife, Bethany (http://Bethanysewandsew.com) and their two children, Eleanor and Arthur.  It was Eleanor's idea for Wonder Girl to wear pink.



Wonder Girl was created by Robert Kanigher. Read more...

7 comments:

  1. Yes, please! I'll add this to the list of "great all-ages comic concepts that DC in its current incarnation will never publish but of which I would buy every issue for my daughter and I to read together."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! A million times, yes! Such a fun concept and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now, we even have story arcs. Keep up the good work, DC Fifty-TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    They need more all-age fun books like this actually! (this and a Shazam! one for example)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of all-ages comics (maybe because violent dismemberment bores me SO MUCH) and a series focusing on Diana's formative years would be a great one.

    Would read? Yes, and I've a niece I want to give an extra copy to.

    ReplyDelete