Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SUPERGIRL #1 by Eric Johnston


Eric Johnston has been a hobby artist for almost 8 years now. I got my start trying to recreate scenes from the popular anime "Cowboy Bebop" and have since moved onto making my own self published comicbook "Artemis".  When it comes to comics, I don't there is anyone who is a bigger Superman/Supergirl fan than I.

Eric says:  After hearing the description on Supergirl's relaunched origin, I couldn't help my make my own version.  I've grown up hearing how Supergirl was a troubled soul always struggling to figure out her place in the world.  I wanted to show a more relaxed cute Supergirl.  Someone with an excitement for life and fondness for helping others.  Of course because this is the first cover, it had to be iconic and also set the scene for the series which is why she is over Metropolis.



Supergirl was created by Otto Binder and Curt Swan.

6 comments:

  1. It is hard to look away...perhaps it needs an "S"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the illustration.

    Boo on the costume choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful illustration, but I agree on the costume choice. The DCnU version is one of the worst to come out of the new redesigns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The illustration is gorgeous. I'm not a fan of that costume, either. I love her abs - not such a big fan of her boobs here... she's not Power Girl. I thought they talked in Candor and Power about her not having such a huge rack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A half-remake, it fixes Supergirl's personality (and the cute art makes this a character I want to read about as opposed to make me frown), but the costume fills me with fear.

    Would read? We're halfway there.

    ReplyDelete