Wednesday, September 14, 2011

AZRAEL #1 by Paul Lavallée


Paul Lavallée is a writer/illustrator from Edmonton. His websites are www.lav2k.ca and http://lav2k.deviantart.com. He says of himself: "I produce two web-comics. One named Beast Dominion, which I write and illustrate myself. The other is named Codename Sabotage, which I write, and is illustrated by artist Andrew Huerta. I also self-publish an indy anthology named Induced."
 
Paul says:
"With the Azrael cover, I was trying to imagine how Jim Lee's regime would update Azrael's cover. I did this by adding some stream-pattern work on Azrael's suit. Sort of how they did with his new JLA outfits." 



Azrael was created by Dennis O'Neil and Joe Quesada. Read more...

2 comments:

  1. He has almost the same name as the character. COINCIDENCE...OR CONSPIRACY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that freaked me out too, lolsworth! I thought Azrael had come off the page to draw his own comic! But it's a retro-90s concept done up in a retro-90s aesthetic...

    Would read? No, but I didn't read the original Azrael either. Or any series by that title beyond the original mini.

    ReplyDelete