Thursday, September 22, 2011

LOBO INC #1 by Kyle Strahm




Kyle Strahm is an illustrator and comic book artist based in Kansas City, Missouri. He most recently provided interior artwork for Hack/Slash #5 from Image Comics and a backup story in last month's Screamland #3, also from Image. His freshman effort, We Will Bury You, will be reprinted in IDW's Zomnibus Volume 2 in October. Kyle has worked for various other companies such as BOOM! and White Wolf. He is currently doing design work for an upcoming short film. You can see more of his work at www.kylestrahm.com or follow him on Twitter (@kstrahm).

Kyle says: Yo, bro. We did it for the 'Bo. The Giffen/Grant/Bisley Lobo stories of the early '90s have long been some of my favorite comics. The frantic, over-the-top, jam-packed artwork has majorly influenced my own. Lobo was my only choice for this project. And this was a great chance to work again with colorist Mark Englert and letterer Crank! with whom I'd collaborated on Hack/Slash earlier this year. They delivered in a major way. Thanks, guys!

Lobo was created by Roger Slifer and Keith Giffen. Read more...

8 comments:

  1. The second I saw the dolphin in the logo, I started to laugh. Well done, all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide if Lobot or the piano tie is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good god, that's jaw-dropping! Excellent/brilliant/amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing about this that is not completely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyle certainly brings Lobo back to his roots in both art and feel. I felt it lost something when he went mainstream. A return to form might be fun and nostalgic.

    Would read? As a mini-series sure. That kind of thing can't last too long before becoming played out though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear i pray to Cthulhu they break out the Main Man in the new 52...

    ReplyDelete